Monday, October 12, 2009

Appreciation

A guy bought my lunch today! That was nice. He said it was Pastor Appreciation Month and that he was buying my lunch in honor of it. I told him that our church doesn't call me by that term (which is fine with me), so I told him that I had rarely been appreciated during the month. He laughed, and so did I.

Last week a guy split a bunch of my fire wood. I didn't even know it for a few days. He told me it was because it was Pastor Appreciation Month. I like these friends that didn't grow up in my faith tradition!

One year at Oakland City University one of the clubs decided to honor me during the whole month. Every time I would show up on Mondays and Wednesdays to teach my classes there would be some token of appreciation. It was usually cookies or candy. Their appreciation was heavy, like 5-7 pounds for me.

It's nice to appreciated.

No comments: