Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An Opossum and a Raccoon

I’m not sure what this means.

Last week I was leaving my church office when I heard a large truck emptying a dumpster at the small manufacturing business across the railroad tracks from the FLC. I really thought nothing of it. I got in my truck and drove a few blocks, to the other side of the railroad tracks, to make a visit.

As I got out of my truck the dumpster truck drove by. As it drove by something moving on the back caught my eye. I turned and took a good look. I saw a terrified raccoon, scrambling up and down and all around the back of the truck, presumably trying to figure out what to do next. I don’t know how the issue was resolved because the truck got out of sight.

I am guessing the raccoon was in the dumpster and got dumped into the truck. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, probably doing something he shouldn’t have been doing.

* * *

This morning I was coming back from the Park after a very nice run. As I passed city hall I looked to my right. Something was in the grassy strip between the street and the sidewalk. It was a cage; actually it was a trap. Inside the trap was a stupid looking possum. He was just sitting there in the trap, looking straight ahead; it was almost like he was waiting for a bus.

He too must have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, probably doing something he shouldn’t have been doing.

What do you think this means?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess it means....Don't be doing what you shouldn't be doing and try not to be in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Glad you're back. You were missed. I didn't expect you back so soon or maybe this is just a little tease?

Annette

Allen said...

Hey Annette,

I think I am slowly easing back! How's that for indecisive answer? ha ha.

Good to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Allen!!
I like this site. Glad you are back at this. I missed it.
What does your story mean? Hmm........
Will have to ponder that for a while.
RR