Friday, December 21, 2007

Running

I haven’t said much about running for a while. Why? Well, I know most of you don’t understand or care (ha ha), and I have been a little injured.

I can’t remember if I mentioned it or not, but on the Tuesday before I ran the Tecumseh Trail Marathon I fell really hard onto the garage floor, banging my knee. I couldn’t walk on it for a few minutes, but eventually I got it to work. The next morning I went for a 4 mile run; it kinda hurt, so I didn’t run anymore until the marathon.

During the marathon it hurt pretty bad. I was encouraged to stop at 6 miles by two trusted friends, but I didn’t. I know, I know. How dumb can you be to run 26 miles on rough, hilly trails with your knee hurting and against the advice of friends? I won’t even try to explain it. After the marathon my knee continued to hurt. I ran 3 miles a few days later, and it hurt. I waited a week; ran again; still hurt. Saw Bev (Dr. Kerr). She did her stuff, and it seemed to help, but I still had problems.

The good news is that I took off a little time, but I have been able to run the last couple of days with no pain. Yippee! I don’t know, however, if I can catch up and get enough miles in to run the Mountain Mist 50K on January 26th. Tony and I are entered, so I am going to give it my best. Training Down Under will be fun but difficult to get really long runs in. Oh well...