Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday a.m.

Sorry about that, but I thought it was kinda funny. Good morning, Thursday! This is the first Thursday in the last few where I don't have a lot of things scheduled to compete with my preparation for Sunday. I am hoping for a good morning of productivity in preparation, but I learned a long time ago that you can't force creative thinking. The text this week, 1 Peter 3:8-22, is a hard one to preach. There's so much in it, and it has a strange reference to Jesus preaching to "spirits in prison." It's going to be a challenging morning.

Earlier in the week I told about my friend's mother dying. Before she died, she asked me to do her funeral, which I am honored to do. It's going to be next week in Ohio, so yesterday I spent some time working through some of the logistics. It's a long drive, but I will break it up by spending Tuesday evening with Lester and Maddie. That worked out well, because there is a lecture at Butler next Tuesday that I wanted to attend anyway. It's a 2 hour lecture about the Russian Orthodox Church.

I will get up Wednesday, travel to the funeral, and then return home Wednesday evening. I enjoy driving and seeing new things, so I'll use this opportunity to take a break from the usual. Speaking of driving and the unusual, we are working on getting our ambulance ready for the trip to Honduras. We have sent all the paper work to Texas to get a TX license plate. We gave the title to an organization there that is very active in Honduras. We think a TX plate will be helpful in getting through Mexico, which we think will take 3 days. We plan to leave the week of November 7th. We have some very experienced people working on the logistics, so stop worrying! (ha ha - I know some of you.)

Running is still moving along, happening. I am sitting on 20 miles for the week, and I hope to do 5 today, possibly some speed work. I will take tomorrow off, maybe bike a little, and then run long on Saturday. I want at least 40 miles again this week. I've been working my core also; that's moving along pretty well. I want to turn my abs into abs of steel. Well, I don't know if that will happen, but at least I don't want them to be abs of mashed potatoes. Don't know if I will develop six-pack abs, but I don't want the 24 pack either. OK, enough of the corny jokes.

Maybe more later...?

No comments: